Wednesday 29 October 2014

Tennis Geek :: If Stockholm Open

Dear diary,

It's been a little over a week since the Grand Final at the Stockholm Open. That week went by like lighting and I really do miss it. I keep pinching myself and can't believe that I was given the opportunity to be a part of such a big sporting event and also able to meet so many amazing new people.

So the 11-19th of October was pretty hectic for me, but awesome!! I had been given the opportunity to help out in the media center at the If Stockholm Open. My job was to update social media, translate the newsfeed on their website and other bits and bobs. I was also lucky enough to be in the press conferences with the tennis players. And best of all I could watch all of the matches for free!

From left to right:

Bernard Tomic, 21 year old Australian tennis player who had just beaten Fernando Verdasco.

Tomas Berdych holding the trophy after winning at the Stockholm Open for a second time.

Grigor Dimitrov at a press conference with Eurosport.

The Press Conference room.

Tomic and Grigor at the quarter final.

Tomas Berdych signing autographs.

Pop fruits, a new concept: frozen fruits on a stick (mango and pineapple) and tastes amazing!!!

Verdasco vs. Matosevic. 


As H&M were one of the sponsors at the Stockholm Open, our uniform was provided by them and we were given a couple of freebies from them and some of the other sponsors. I will probably do a post on how I can wear these pieces individually as they are very wearable. (Unlike the uniform from London Olympics and Sochi haha) Also, we got a free breakfast at the Sheraton hotel which was amazing, so spoilt for choice. See pictures below :)





Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the final (absolutely gutted) as I was working at my 'real job'.  But I was determined to make it back in time for the last press conferences and to get pictures with Grigor Dimitrov, the winner of this years Stockholm Open Tomas Berdych, and of course the tournament  director Robin Söderling ranked 5 in the world in 2010 and beat Nadal in 2009. Mission Accomplished!

Hope you enjoyed reading :) 

Karen xoxo




Do you like tennis?


No comments:

Post a Comment