Thursday 15 May 2014

My first time in Notting Hill








During the week I was in the UK I went to visit a friend that lives in Notting Hill. I was really excited as I had never been to Notting Hill before. I had only ever seen it in the well known movie 'Notting Hill.' So, we went out for lunch and had a lovely catch up as I hadn't seen him in a while. But before we stuffed ourselves with yummy food, he showed me around. I got to see the beautiful pristine white houses all in a row, as well as the really colourful ones. He showed me some of the places where the movie had been shot and then, lastly, he took me to Portobello Road.

Portobello Road is a place where they have a massive market all along the street. The people are selling all kinds of things. There were vintage stalls, food stalls, second hand stalls and hat stalls. I ended up buying a fresh coconut from on of the stalls. It was so tasty and refreshing. I would definitely recommend going there if you go to London and if you like markets.  

After a little wonder about the stalls we started getting hungry so my friend recommended we go to this Asian restaurant called E&O and as it was nice and sunny we decided to sit outside. The sushi and dumplings were so delicious, but my favourite would have to be the tiger prawns dipped in garlic salt and chilli sauce. Mmmm they were to die for! I'm so glad he recommended this place, I would definitely recommend this place too and will probably be going back sometime soon hopefully hehe.

Hope you enjoyed reading :)

xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment